Friday, August 9, 2013

#BlogElul: Bless

For a long time, I used to try and convince myself and others that I was an optimist. I felt like I was supposed to be one. As an aspiring Jewish professional, I think it might even be an expectation. To make myself sound less pessimistic, I sometimes use the phrase "realistic optimist" to describe my snarky self. If we're being totally honest here (which is probably a good goal during the month of Elul), I guess I'm pessimistic. I imagine that my outlook has a lot to do with my life circumstances, and where I am in life right now. I often really struggle with seeing the blessings in my life.

Here are the top 10 blessings in my life, as I get ready to enter 5774.

In no particular order, I am thankful for:

10) the roof over my head 
9) the opportunity to continue my education
8) friends in my life who are always there for me
7) mentors of mine who go above and beyond what is expected of them
6) my strong Jewish identity
5) technology allowing me to connect to friends all over the world
4) AHA for giving me a great first professional experience
3) the teens I have worked with since I was old enough to not be considered a teen who taught me so much about myself
2) my musical ability
1) my ability to laugh at myself


No comments:

Post a Comment