Friday, August 24, 2012

BlogElul: Faith

I just asked my friend to share his funniest quote on faith and he told me to google Ambrose Bierce, who is a devout Atheist. I complained that the quotes he had weren't very funny so then he said "I have little expectations of God, and I believe that God has little expectations of me."

I don't actually think that what he said is really connected to faith...and I also disagree. Depending on what mood you catch me in I might say that I believe in God. I think that God absolutely has high expectations for me which is why I have high expectations for God. I think that this is why I sometimes feel like the world is against me.

On a positive note (for a change), I do have faith. I have faith in my friends. I usually have faith in myself. I have faith that I am on the path I was meant to be on, even if it does not look like what I had previously envisioned. The Jewish community gives me faith- I believe in the power of people coming together with shared goals and values.

As we go into Shabbat tonight, may we all find faith in whichever community we choose to spend time with.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment